2.6 behaviour with currency types

R. Victor Klassen rvklassen at gmail.com
Sat Feb 1 10:07:56 EST 2014

In 2.4.x users in Canada with Locale set appropriately, had currency in reports displayed as (e.g.) $32.43

In 2.6.x the display has changed to C$32.43

We do not normally include a modifier to indicate the nationality of currency when the currency is our own.  In the same way, it is not customary in the US to write currency as US$29.02.

Only where there is risk of confusion (such as Canadian and US on the same report) would we include a modifier.   For that I’ve more typically seen CAD than C, but that isn’t the point.

Is there a way of getting rid of the C (other than changing locale to US?).