Possible to move preference file location?

RoseW wdmn at hurontel.on.ca
Sat Feb 1 13:45:50 EST 2014

   The online manual says
   Microsoft Windows Note: $HOME is at %SYSDRIVE%\Documents and
   Settings\%USER%\. For example, if your system is :installed on C: and
   your username is "foo", $HOME is C:\Documents and Settings\foo, and
   you'll find your gnucash config :directory at C:\Documents and
   Settings\foo\.gnucash. '
   In Windows 7 this directory set up is not there. Initially I installed
   Gnucash  to use the root of my user account therefore a specific folder
   for gnucash was not produced.
   I wondered why this set up did not go into AppData/Roaming/.gnucash
   Gnucash has operated with this group of  individual folders but when it
   comes to backing up or moving these folders to another machine it would
   be handy if I could just grab a main Gnucash folder and all the other
   stuff would be subfolders within.
   Gimp (photo edit software) spewed some of its files into that user root
   area so these are dispersed among the gnucash folders....
   IF I create a folder C: Username\.Gnucash  and move the gnucash folders
   (.gconf, .gconfd,gnome2, .gnome2private, .gnucash) into this main
   folder will the software lose track of the path?
--
Rose
[1]http://rwalbum.gogaxdns.com/index.html