Python bindings on Mac OS 10.9

R. Victor Klassen rvklassen at gmail.com
Sat Feb 1 14:56:22 EST 2014

I’d like to export all transactions from last year to a spreadsheet.  Thus far, when I’ve tried to export a transaction report, the .html file it produces either completely or mostly hangs OpenOffice, and I haven’t been able to copy-paste it into Calc from the word processor that opens it by default.

So I thought I’d give python bindings a try - to see if I could just export all the transactions to a .csv format.

As far as I understand, python bindings requires compiling the source, right?

When I try to do that I wind up going down a series of rabbit holes looking for one library after another.  First I needed intltool.  Then I needed gettext.  Then I needed to find glib.  And in order to even install glib I needed libffi.

Surely it can’t be this hard.  Am I doing something wrong?