Sharing payees across accounts

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 1 19:26:00 EST 2014

John,

Just a point regarding semantics: you tell the OP that GnuCash doesn't have a "Payee".  However, it seems to me that what GnuCash calls the "Description" is functionally the same as the "Payee." It is presented in GC in the same location that traditional printed checkbook registers place the "Payee"; it is used on printed checks in GC for the "Payee" on the check; and, chapter 6.14 of the Help manual identifies that data element as the "Payee."

Furthermore, most reports include the option of sorting (and subtotalling) on the Description (i.e., "Payee") field. I use this to check the accuracy of my data entry.

David