Finance Quote price format.

Alan Hughston alan.hughston at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 06:15:30 EST 2014

I have been using Gnucash for a few months and decided to implement finance
quote.  On 31 January I downloaded the first bunch of prices for stocks.

The format of the price data seems very strange as can be seen from the
screen shot below.  The price for BHP is correct at
36.57              but can anyone explain why it is expressed as
36 + 5699999/9999999

Price was downloaded from Yahoo Australia.  I also tried ASX (Australian
Stock Exchange) with same result.

Gnucash 2.6.0
Windows 8.1

Thanks in anticipation of enlightenment.
Alan

PS.  ASX appears to have a limit of 10 stocks per download run.  More than
10 stocks and you start getting error messages in the price editor.  Yahoo
limit is higher, I havent hit the limit.

[image: Inline image 1]

--
Alan Hughston
0429 060953