Upgrading to 2.6 Mac OSX

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.fremont.ca.us
Mon Feb 3 15:31:12 EST 2014

On Feb 3, 2014, at 8:26 AM, John Donnee <jdonnee at ec.rr.com> wrote:

> I have held off upgrading to the newest version. Is it pretty stable?  What’s the best way to download the update?

I think 2.6.1 is as stable as 2.4.15, for whatever that’s worth. Assuming you’re using Gnucash.app, download the dmg from the web page, mount it, and drag Gnucash.app to /Applications. If you want to keep 2.4.x around, rename that Gnucash.app to something else, maybe Gnucash24.app, first. 2.6 is completely self-contained, it doesn’t need the link in /Library/Gnucash anymore, so you can flip back and forth as long as you don’t use Credit Memos.

Regards,
John Ralls