GNUCash and Google Finance

Adam Spacey adam.spacey at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 22:47:33 EST 2014

Hopefully not off topic and maybe on the distant horizon..

I use Google to track a modest share portfolio - it's simple to set up and
quick. I also track the same share portfolio in GnuCash, which is the more
accurate of the two because GnuCash is tracking my real data; dividends,
broker account cash balance, broker fees, etc, and gets reconciled with
statements.

What's nice in Google Finance is the visual display - the 'annotated time
line' chart which is available here
https://developers.google.com/chart/interactive/docs/gallery/annotatedtimeline#Overview

So I'd thought about exporting data from various GnuCash investment type
accounts, or the advanced portfolio report, into a Google Finance type
chart, but lack the skills to do that!!

On 4 February 2014 09:10, Dr. Ray <drray at drraycharles.com> wrote:

> This may be a bit off topic but has any consideration been given to
> integration between GNUCash and Google Finance. I think I already know the
> answer.

*Adam Spacey*
*+66 (0)839208445 (Thailand)*
*+44 (0)7964138040 (UK)*