GNUCash and Google Finance

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Tue Feb 4 04:05:18 EST 2014

On Tuesday 04 February 2014 08:30:43 Colin Law wrote:
> On 4 February 2014 04:22, John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> wrote:
> > Aside: Everyone's all hopped up about how online applications are
> > going to kill "real" computers, and that the Chromebook and its ilk
> > are the future. As long as the online folks can't keep anything
> > around for more than a couple of years, that's just not going to
> > happen.
> However an online interface directly into GC would be fantastic.
> I think the database stuff would have to be completed first though.

Yes, I can see value in such a feature. With the python bindings and the
initial rest api contributed by Tom Lofts we have a good start.

But indeed with the current database support it would be painful to
communicate to a gnucash document via a server api. Each access needs to
open your book. With the current implementation this means loading the
book completely into memory with each connection.

Geert