Bank statement import strategies from bad formats?

yggdrasil at gmx.co.uk yggdrasil at gmx.co.uk
Tue Feb 4 16:48:15 EST 2014

"David T." <sunfish62 at yahoo.com> writes:

> I don't think you have the wrong tree. Others have pointed out:
>
> http://xl2qif.chez-alice.fr/calc2qif_en.php
>
> That's a tool that takes a spreadsheet (in OpenOffice Calc in this case. there
> may be one for Excel as well) and converts it to QIF, which you can then import
> into GnuCash.
>
> I am not a user of this tool, but there it is.

Thanks David,

I have actually used this tool in the past, but lately I tried to
install it on Libreoffice 4.1.4 (Fedora 20) and I didn't succeed. I
noticed the latest update was in 2006 and assumed there is some
incompatibility somewhere (may be behind the keyboard though..).

Can anyone confirm calc2qif works with LibreOffice 4.x?

/J