Python bindings on Mac OS 10.9

R. Victor Klassen rvklassen at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 10:00:52 EST 2014

So I tried MacPorts first, but it failed miserably part way through the install process.   Perhaps it hasn’t been tested on 10.9.

At that point I removed all traces of MacPorts from my dot files, and switched to the jhbuild approach.

That (eventually) worked, to the point that jhbuild is installed, and got through the bootstrap.  Weak rural connectivity would likely have been part of the issue.

Anyhow this morning I observed that jhbuild bootstrap had completed and I tried jhbuild build.

It went a little way and then complained that:

jhbuild build: failed to parse /Users/john/Development/GTK-OSX/gtk-osx-build/modulesets-stable/gtk-osx.modules: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'/Users/john/Development/GTK-OSX/gtk-osx-build/modulesets-stable/gtk-osx.modules’

I dug a little deeper and found
  <include href="/Users/john/Development/GTK-OSX/gtk-osx-build/modulesets-stable/gtk-osx.modules"/>
in
./.cache/jhbuild/gnucash.modules

While it is more or less clear what the problem is, I’m not sure what to change the path to.