History

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Wed Feb 5 10:08:02 EST 2014

On Wednesday 05 February 2014 14:55:36 David Ryder wrote:
> On 05/02/14 14:41, Geert Janssens wrote:
> > On Wednesday 05 February 2014 14:31:27 David Ryder wrote:
> >>     Hi
> >>     Ubuntu
> >>     GnuCash 2.6+
> >>     Prior to 2.6, I could increase the history of files shown by
> >>     ConfigEditor>Apps>gnucash and changing the value of History.
> >>     Alas, since 2.6, this is no longer the case.
> >>     Please - is there somewhere I can change this? (I need 7)
> >>     IMHO, removing these settings in Configuration Editor is a
> >>
> >> significant loss.
> >>
> >>     Many thanks,
> >>     David
> >
> > That preference is now stored in gsettings. On linux gsettings
> > stores
> > its data in dconf. You can use dconf-editor to manipulate this.
> >
> > The path to look for now is org>gnucash, but the rest should be
> > similar.
> >
> > Hope that helps,
> >
> > Geert
>
> Thanks !
> May I ask why it was moved? Configuration Editor is not being phased
> out AFAIK.
> David
Configuration Editor is a graphical front end to GConf. GConf is
deprecated by Gnome in favour of GSettings. I don't know what Ubuntu
chose as preferences backend for Unity so I can't comment there.

Add to this that GConf was acting up badly on both Windows and OS X and
suddenly the option to switch to GSettings makes a lot of sense.

Geert