History

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Wed Feb 5 10:15:12 EST 2014

geert at telenet.be> wrote:
> >> The path to look for now is org>gnucash, but the rest should be
> >> similar.>
> > Perhaps it should be org.gnucash.GnuCash just in case we need
> > preferences for some utility program in the future.
> >
> > Regards,
> > John Ralls
>
> Whether Configuration Editor or Dcon Editor, I agree
> org.gnucash.GnuCash for the same reason.
> A lot of preferences not usually in 'Preferences" menu could easily be
> edited that way ... much more configurable. And for individual books.
> So long as it doesn't become schema.

I'm not sure I understand your reasoning properly here.

But first off, gsettings won't allow to have preferences without schema.
So your last sentence makes little sense to me.

And what difference is there to the configurability between storing all
preferences under org.gnucash or org.gnucash.GnuCash ? It's the same set
of available preferences only in a different path.

Geert