Any sign of payroll yet?

Richard Tucker ritucker at cox.net
Mon Feb 10 14:21:44 EST 2014

I agree that Gnu Cash should not do payroll. What I would like to do
would be to have a Gnu Cash friendly payroll program import the payroll
transactions into Gnu Cash and have Gun Cash print the payroll checks.

For example, the payroll transaction in the USA would have something
like "Deposit" expenses for payroll expense and company share of taxes.
It would have "Withdrawal" for Liabilities:AccountPayables for USA
employee withholding, State employee withholding, USA employee FICA, USA
employee MedCare, USA company FICA, and USA company MedCare. The net
would be the value of the check to be printed from the Asset: checking
account.

The payroll voucher check stub would have entries for current pay period
and year to date values for Hours and $ for regular pay, overtime pay,
and other pay. It would also have current pay period and year to date
figures for the "Withdrawal" accounts.

Is this possible now, how, or in the future?