Any sign of payroll yet?

Christopher Nighswonger chris.nighswonger at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 14:51:38 EST 2014

On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 11:15 AM, Fast Radio <fastradio at yahoo.com> wrote:

> In my opinion ...Asking GC for payroll is extremely selfish.

Having written and contributed thousands of lines of code to one of the
largest FOSS ILS systems, I must say that from both a developer and user
prospective asking is almost never a selfish act. The fact that someone
inquired about payroll and Gnu Cash has already generated some excellent
discussion which, in turn, has put some excellent ideas on the table for
valid solutions to the problem which avoid the typical nasties of payroll
writing/maintenance. When the question was first posted and the first
rather short response given, I had zero idea why it appeared to be such an
issue. A later response did a fine job of clarifying the difficulty.
Subsequent responses have provided ample solutions both real and potential
to resolve the OPs problem.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this very enlightening thread.

BTW, has anyone thought of crowd funding for the idea of a clean plug-in
system? Users from different locals could even crowd fund for local payroll
solutions if they liked. It never hurts to invest cash in your favourite
FOSS projects.

Kind Regards,
Chris