Writing a script to import bank's csv file

prl prl at ozemail.com.au
Mon Feb 10 20:13:08 EST 2014

I record credit card/store card account repayments as transfers from my
Gnucash savings/debit card/cheque account to the appropriate Gnucash
credit card/store card account. This directly reflects what I actually
do to the real-world accounts. Is there another way to do it?

I generally set up the transfer as a future payment, a few days before
the due date, in my bank's e-Banking when I reconcile the credit card
statement (which I usually do the day I receive it). I record the
transaction in Gnucash using the reconciliation process's transaction
popup, and I use the transaction's actual payment date (usually 1-2
weeks in the future).

I use the Notes field in the transfer to record my bank's transaction
number for the payment.

Peter