Writing a script to import bank's csv file

Brendan S disposableemail at apps.opensourcelaw.biz
Tue Feb 11 07:23:16 EST 2014

> To make things easy on yourself, create a SEPARATE account for each credit
> card and bank account you use.

Check! My script automatically applies transfers to the relevant account
based on the bank's memo (which includes 4 numbers from the relevant card)

> Here's a common split I use -- If I go to a "big box" store I buy some
Yes, although that's something I'll need to do manually I can split the
supermarket cashouts automatically.

> I hope I haven't muddled this too much. You can read the documentation
> from
> within the application or on the web site from links at GnuCash.org.

It's only confusing when I think about it.

Thanks for your help.