Setting Cash vs Accrual Method

David Both david at both.org
Thu Feb 13 14:25:13 EST 2014

Accrual / cash is not a configuration choice. It is simply how you deal with
future income such as accounts receivable. If you count the income when you
create the receivable that is accrual. If you don't count it until you get
payment, that is cash. This really only makes a difference near the end of the
year as it determines which year you have to report the income.

On 02/13/2014 02:17 PM, Fast Radio wrote:
> My exepreienc eis that no choice is offered.  I had to set up  my business as accural.  Not a bid deal because at year end all I have to do is "unpost" outstanding unpaid invoices.
>

> On Thursday, February 13, 2014 9:10 AM, Brenda Reed <brendareed123 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Where would one set the accounting method for reporting cash or accrual? I
> just cruised through the manual and could not find it. Also, is there a way
> to do a keyword search on the whole manual and guide?

"I'd put my money on the sun and solar energy. What a source of power! I hope we don't have to wait until oil and coal run out before we tackle that."
  - Thomas Edison, in conversation with Henry Ford and Harvey Firestone, 1931