No price updates anymore

davelist at mac.com davelist at mac.com
Fri Feb 14 15:48:43 EST 2014

On Feb 14, 2014, at 11:49 AM, David Carlson <david.carlson.417 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2/14/2014 9:04 AM, davelist at mac.com wrote:
>> On Feb 14, 2014, at 9:49 AM, Andrew Kolbus <andrew.kolbus at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Noticed this today as well.  Looks like the bug is "resolved", but like Les
>>> I am not sure how to update.
>>>
>>> I ran the included "FinanceQuote Update.app" (OSX), but it did not update
>>> the module (still at 1.18).  I can wait for the new version to be pushed to
>>> the appropriate repository if that's all we're waiting on, but if there's a
>>> more appropriate way to update I'd appreciate if someone would share.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Andrew
>>>
>> I suspect you'll need to wait for the next release unless you want to apply the patch manually. That's what I did and it works for me now. I've attached the resulting USA.pm file. On my Mac (10.9.1 running Gnucash 2.4.x), this file resides in /Library/Perl/5.16/Finance/Quote/Yahoo so if you put the file there (will likely require administrative privileges on your Mac), then it should work.
>>

>> HTH,
>> Dave
>>

> I am not a programmer of Perl or a user of Apple computers.
>
> It appears that this attachment could be copied verbatim into an
> appropriate sub-directory in Windows or Linux environments.
>
> If that is true, what sub-directories would be appropriate in each of
> those environments?
>
> David C

Yes, since Perl is cross-platform, copying this Perl source-code should work. I don’t have access to Windows or Linux systems running gnucash so I don’t know for certain where they are, but you could search for a file named USA.pm (it would likely be in a directory somewhere that ends in Finance/Quote/Yahoo). Make a backup copy of the existing USA.pm file and then copy it there.

HTH,
Dave