Advanced Portfolio report update

Chris Good chris.good at ozemail.com.au
Sat Feb 15 03:01:32 EST 2014

Hi Mike (& Richard),

If there is no difference between Basis and Money In and Basis includes
dividend reinvestment, then I totally agree with Richard that Money In
should not include dividend reinvestment.
Also agree that Income column should report the full income amount received.
I've no idea what Money Out should be - it is always zero for me so far, I
haven't sold any shares yet since I've been using GC, but what Richard
suggests sounds useful.

I haven't tried your new report yet (owing to Yahoo issues today) but will
tomorrow.
Does it include a fix for my doubled Income problem?

Thanks for all your help,
Regards, Chris Good

> Message: 8
> Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 22:37:15 +0000
> From: Richard Ullger <rullger at gmail.com>
> To: gnucash-user at gnucash.org
> Subject: Re: Advanced Portfolio report update
>
> Hi Mike,
>
> Please take this post as constructive comment based on my sole
> requirements. I respect that other user's requirements may differ and that
> you may decide to implement a different strategy for the report.
>
> On 13/02/14 06:45, Mike Alexander wrote:
> > I just checked in a new version of the Advanced Portfolio report which
> > I think fixes all the reported problems with the previous version.
> > Fixing these required essentially rewriting the main loop of the
> > report.  As a result I may well have introduced new bugs so I would
> > appreciate it if you would try it and see if it works correctly for your
data.

> > There are also two changes to the options in this version.  The
> > brokerage fees option is now a three-valued switch: include in basis,
> > include in gains/losses but not basis, or ignore.
>
> Include brokerage fees in basis selected, ignore money moved to parent and
> sibling accounts not selected...
>
> Basis including expenses is correctly reported but money in is including
> reinvestments making it exactly the same as the basis. I would prefer
money
> in to exclude reinvestments as that is not money I have put in myself.
Other