Undeposited Funds

Mark Baustian mbaustian at frontiernet.net
Sat Feb 15 06:22:47 EST 2014

 I use an undeposited funds account when I recieve payment on an invoice. I
just select that asset account as the Transfer To account and enter whatever
other info, date, check number etc is required. The transaction is recorded in
Undeposited Funds by the customer name on the account and the Invoice entry in
the Accounts Recievable is balanced by a payment entry. When I deposit the
check I open the Undeposited Funds account and enter a line for the deposit,
eg, Deposit (customer 1, customer 2), transfer the amount to the checking
account and enter the amount. One thing GC does that can generate red ink in
the account is that if I recieve and deposit money on the same day it will put
the deposit ahead of the reciept. To avoid this - which is only annyoing to me
but doesn't really matter, - I fudge the dates by a day so the reciept is
recorded first. I don't know if the business features contain this. I think I
just created the Undeposited Funds account as an Asset account manually. I use
v2.4.11 on a debian system. - Mark