Setting Cash vs Accrual Method

R. Victor Klassen rvklassen at gmail.com
Sun Feb 16 08:42:12 EST 2014

Yes, we also came from Quickbooks, and were using cash-based.   [In Canada there are tax benefits to using cashed based if you are farming].   Fortunately for us, we have relatively few transactions that cross the year boundary and therefore the difference is small.   I got frustrated with Quickbooks since it wouldn’t let me tailor the reports to tell me what I wanted - not without buying the much more expensive version.   With GnuCash there’s at least the theory that if it doesn’t do what I want I can tinker under the hood.  ;-)

I don’t know how hard making cash-based functionality a reporting option would be; from the discussion on this thread out of Europe, it may be becoming more important.

As far as doing a keyword search, you could use Google, since the manual is online.  Just add -site:gnucash.org to your search.