Setting Cash vs Accrual Method

R. Victor Klassen rvklassen at gmail.com
Sun Feb 16 15:44:35 EST 2014

When I used Quickbooks it would allow me to select “Cash” as an option for reports, with “Accrual” as the default.

Presumably, under the hood it was figuring out how to do the right thing.   It was fairly heavy-handed about making sure you marked payments with the invoice/bill to which they belonged - which would be required for the ability to switch back and forth at reporting time.