Another Advanced Portfoio update

Chris Good chris.good at ozemail.com.au
Mon Feb 17 04:00:38 EST 2014

Hi Mike,

Ah! Thanks for identifying where the difference in the 'Money In' came from.
I can't believe I didn't figure that out because the value was split between
my wife and I.
The other reason I didn't figure it out was that I was adding up the cost of
the stock purchases whereas I think, from what you say (simplified), the
report adds up the credits from asset accounts.

The residual values are usually small (unless a share unit is very
expensive) and I'm not very worried about it, as long as I know how it is
calculated.

That being said, I agree with you that money coming from a dividend is not
really money in, so credits from the residual account shouldn't be counted
in Money In.

I think your first suggestion could work, although it would be difficult to
prove if the report is correct.
Your 2nd suggestion could be problematic owing to share price variations. At
which point of time would you determine the price of 1 share?

I  have a suggestion that will work for me. Other people may like to weigh
in if they disagree...

My DRP Residual accounts are of type Asset, not Bank. How about you don't
include in Money In, credit transfers from Asset type accounts, only Bank
type accounts.
You don't earn any interest on DRP Residuals, so to me, it makes sense that
they are not Bank type accounts.

BTW, You have fixed the doubled income problem I previously had - wonderful!

Regards, Chris Good