Sharing a Data File WAS:Re: How do I remove an entry from the aging receivables report

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Thu Feb 20 08:17:20 EST 2014

Feidhlim Harty wrote:

" I find it really difficult to find an up to date .gnucash file on my
mac. I've tried to reveal hidden files, and it seems to work once and
then reverts to hiding files on me again"

Let's separate out the gnucash questions. This one isn't. Sorry, but I
can't help you with "fundamentals of using a Mac"  <<you are having
trouble seeing "hidden files" in general, not just gnucash files that
might be hidden but ANY hidden files >>

BTW, I don't believe that there should be any problem moving the (books)
file from a Mac to a PC under Windows or vice versa. But remember, when
you (re)run a report at some later real time date IF the date of the
report had been specified relative to real time date the dates will be
different. But it's easy to set the dates of a report to absolute dates.

Michael