Importing business objects in 2.6 -- documentation?

Buddha Buck blaisepascal at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 09:24:02 EST 2014

This morning I decided to experiment with importing QIF files from my bank
and I noticed "Import Invoices and Bills" and "Import Customers and
Vendors" on the File->Import menu.

These look like really useful tools, capable of handling most of my
data-entry difficulties regarding business objects. Everytime I get a new
Customer (member in the Makerspace I keep books for) I need to generate a
bunch of invoices (monthly dues payments). Being able to programmatically
generate CSV files to import would simplify this greatly. The remaining
difficulty would be posting payments which have splits (credit card/bank
transfer fees).

I can't find documentation on these features, though. I found chapter 17 of
the 2.4 manual which describes the Python scripts for importing invoices,
and the format required, but it doesn't seem to correspond to the feature
in 2.6.

Where should I be looking?