Quotes

Erik Colson eco at ecocode.net
Fri Feb 21 05:33:38 EST 2014

Geert Janssens <janssens-geert at telenet.be> writes:

> On Thursday 20 February 2014 17:55:59 Steven Anter wrote:
>> Don't think you need to know which version of FQ you're using. Just
>> download and install the latest ActivePerl and you'll have it
>>
> Did you do this yourself ? Which version of ActivePerl did you install ?
>
> You are the first to mention that an updated ActivePerl ships with the
> correct F::Q. All others talk of using cpan to update to the newest
> F::Q. I know that the F::Q installer script that comes with GnuCash on
> Windows will not use cpan when ActivePerl is detected.
>
> So I'm just asking to be sure.

I'm not using Windows, nor Activestate perl, but..

look here:
http://code.activestate.com/ppm/search:finance::quote/

F::Q ppm from activestate is actually 1.20

and here you'll see install results:
http://code.activestate.com/ppm/Finance-Quote/

You'll see that on windows 1.19 is tested on perl 5.14 but not (yet) on
perl 5.16. version 1.20 has not yet been tested, but that should appear
one of these days. All of this is documented on Activestates' site.

best
--
erik colson