Quotes

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Fri Feb 21 11:43:06 EST 2014

On Friday 21 February 2014 08:27:32 santer wrote:
> Geert Janssens wrote
>
> > On Thursday 20 February 2014 17:55:59 Steven Anter wrote:
> >> Don't think you need to know which version of FQ you're using. Just
> >> download and install the latest ActivePerl and you'll have it
> >
> > Did you do this yourself ? Which version of ActivePerl did you
> > install ?
> >
> > You are the first to mention that an updated ActivePerl ships with
> > the correct F::Q. All others talk of using cpan to update to the
> > newest F::Q. I know that the F::Q installer script that comes with
> > GnuCash on Windows will not use cpan when ActivePerl is detected.
> >
> > So I'm just asking to be sure.
> >
> > Geert
>
> That's the way I understand it. I'm using Windows 7. Perhaps it's
> different on mac or other OS. I installed 5.16.3

For sure it's different on Mac or Other os. These all use cpan and
that's the solution provided so far on this list.

That's why I was interested in your experience with ActivePerl.
Unfortunately you still haven't clearly confirmed if ActivePerl 5.16.3
comes with F::Q 1.20. You only say "that's the way I understand it".

I'm really interested because I'd like to know what I can say to other
windows users running into this.

Geert