"correcting" transactions

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat Feb 22 10:28:41 EST 2014

That's the second time you've made that charge, and it's ridiculous. Here's what I said:

> I think we're pretty consistent in saying that if your business needs audits or formal controls GnuCash is not the program for you.

How on earth is that an attack?

It's a recommendation that if you need audits or formal controls you should be using a different program than GnuCash. It says that we've been saying that here for a long time.

If you think that we need to be clearer about that somewhere in the documentation, that's a perfectly fair comment and I have no issues with it. Patches welcome, though I recognize that writing patches for our DocBook documents is not trivial, even if the change is.

Now, calling your claims that I attacked you ridiculous might be considered an attack, but I'd prefer to call it a "spirited defense".

Regards,
John Ralls