Transactions on behalf of someone else

Roy cegeproy at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 23 15:43:03 EST 2014

Hello!
I have recently installed GnuCash, played around with it and "scanned" the manual: but I still can't find how to do something that I used to do with my previous accounting tool (Quickbooks).
Here is the account structure I wish to use for my family (that's the structure I used in Quickbooks before):
Bank accounts for each family member:- Roky- Father- Mother- Brother
Expense accounts:- Car (gaz, repairs, ...)- Clothing- Medications- ...
Income accounts:- Salary- Gifts- ...
Equity account:- Opening balance
Accounts PayableAccounts Receivable
Let's say ALL members of the family use the car, receives a gift, receives a salary and buy clothes. 1) How can you get out of gnucash something like "how much money Roky spent on the car this year?"(if you look at the 'car' account, you get the total spent for ALL, not for Roky only...)
Also, sometimes on his way home Roky stops at the pharmacy and buy medications for his Father (and don't want reimbursement). Although other times, Father will buy his medications himself. 2) It would be nice to track "how much money on medications Father needs every year?" (whether the spending is done by him or by Roky)
I really hope these two issues can be handled in gnucash...!Any help on this is greatly appreciated,
Sincerely,
Roy