Unable to change language

Arvid Axelsson arax12345 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 27 03:06:11 EST 2014

________________________________
> From: janssens-geert at telenet.be
> To: gnucash-user at gnucash.org
> CC: jralls at ceridwen.us; arax12345 at hotmail.com
> Subject: Re: Unable to change language
> Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 10:27:01 +0100
>

> On Tuesday 25 February 2014 13:52:29 John Ralls wrote:
>
>> On Feb 25, 2014, at 10:19 AM, Arvid Axelsson <arax12345 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> Hi!
>

>>> To begin with, I'm running gnucash 2.6.1 in Windows 7. I'm trying
> to change the language used by gnucash to swedish from the standard
> english. To do this i've changed the environment file so that it reads:
>
>>> # If you wish GnuCash to use a different language, uncomment the
>
>>> two parameters # below and set LANG to your preferred locale
>
>>> LANG=sv_SE
>
>>> LANGUAGE={LANG}
>
>>> GNC_DBD_DIR={GNC_HOME}/lib/dbd
>

>>> # GnuCash was not installed in the default location
>
>>> # XDG_DATA_DIRS will be set so that our documentation
>
>>> # and gsettings schemas are found.
>
>>> XDG_DATA_DIRS={GNC_HOME}/share;{XDG_DATA_DIRS};/usr/local/share;
>
>>> /usr/share>
>
>>> I've also tried using nl_BE to see if that could work but it didn't.
>
>>> I can't find anything in the trace files concerning locale. This is
>
>>> a problem that I experience on two computers running the same OS
>
>>> and version of gnucash. Any ideas how this can be solved?
>
>> Try using the Microsoft locale name: Swedish_Sweden. It has some
>
>> holes, maybe because of an incomplete translation, maybe because our
>
>> l18n code needs to be overhauled for M$Win.
>

> Another thing to try would be to change the lines in the environment file to:
>
> LC_ALL=sv_SE
>
> LANG=sv_SE
>
> LANGUAGE={LANG}
>

> Geert

I've now tried what you guys suggested but it still doesn't work. I don't know if this matters but here's what i can find in the trace file.

    * 16:16:22  WARN <qof.engine> [guid_init()] only got 2017 bytes.
    The identifiers might not be very random.
    * 16:16:49  WARN <gnc.app-utils> Could not spawn perl: Failed to execute child process (No such file or     directory)

Anyway: thank you for the quick replies! :)