I updated to 2.6.1

Adam Spacey adam.spacey at gmail.com
Fri Feb 28 01:30:24 EST 2014

Hi Dean,

I had a similar experience and couldn't figure out how to get the 'old' GUI
with 2.6, so reverted to 2.4.15, which I'm far more comfortable and
productive with. It looks like you got nearer to figuring out the GUI
setting in 2.6 or 2.6.1, so I'm just posting this message to keep track of
the topic and hopefully the solution(s) that will follow....

Regards,

Adam Spacey

On 28 February 2014 11:06, Dean Gibson <gnucash at ultimeth.com> wrote:

> Unless I did something wrong, I find the new GUI awful (ugly, jerky, and
> slow), to the point that I went back to 2.4.15, and found that it now had
> the new GUI!  I found that the installation of 2.6.1 had added .gtkrc-2.0
> to my home (Windows) directory, and deleted it, so I'm back to a nice,
> smooth, fast GUI.
>
> I see that there's a way to set the GUI in 2.6.1, but there must be at
> least 50 themes.  I just want the old one, if possible.  If not possible,
> I'll stay with 2.4.15.
>
> Is there a list of features that were added to 2.6.1?  I couldn't find
> such a list.

*Adam Spacey*
*+66 (0)839208445 (Thailand)*
*+44 (0)7964138040 (UK)*