Stock Price quotes

fastsnip-bcard@yahoo.com terry_and_pearl at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 28 08:50:57 EST 2014

Running Kubuntu latest version and gnucash 2.4.13 built from rbfb59d7+ on 2013-09-16.

Recently the gnucash price editor has not been able to download any stock quotes. It pops up a window with a list of the stock symbols it was unable to find and asks if it should continue. The trouble is, the list that it was unable to obtain was ALL of the stocks, about 20 or so. All of the stocks were set to be obtained from the "multiple" tab with Fidelity, etc. as the source. I tried some of the stocks on other sources, Yahoo and one other. Made no difference.

Is this a known problem with others or maybe this is unique to my system?

Other than the normal system software updates my system hasn't really changed, no new software. It was working and then a couple of days ago, stopped working.

Any thoughts?

Those who sacrifice freedom for safety, have neither.

A thought often repeated becomes an act, an act often
repeated becomes a habit, a habit often repeated,
a character and a settled character molds the very
destiny of man.

Man is the master of his own destiny.

"The Voice of Babaji", Page 236
What man thinks, that he becomes