"correcting" transactions

Buddha Buck blaisepascal at gmail.com
Fri Feb 28 09:29:24 EST 2014

On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 10:50 PM, Steve Revilak <steve at srevilak.net> wrote:

> Version control systems are happy to show changes from one version to
> the next.  Again, it's not the friendliest format for humans, but it's
> easy to pick out dates and transaction descriptions.

This works with gnucash XML files as long as the details in the XML file
are written in a stable order. Diffs are incredibly difficult to read when
the major changes are a re-ordering of items which the reading software
doesn't care about the order. I'm fairly sure that GnuCash doesn't
spuriously reorder stuff, but I've worked with other systems that do.