Malware in Win32 GnuCash 2.6.0

Jules B. Levinson juleslevinson at comcast.net
Thu Jan 2 02:47:49 EST 2014

Friends,

On the evening of December 30th I installed release 2.6.0 only to have my security
program quarantine gnucash.exe when it detected an infection. On the evening of
December 31st I wrote to the developer of that program and reported my experience as
well as the that of several other users of GnuCash who had written to me to say that they
found no such infection. Earlier today (January 1) the developer replied that they had
been able to determine the detection of this threat to be a false positive, had modified
their definitions accordingly, and would like me to restore the file and run a scan. I did so
and all went smoothly. Much ado about nothing, but I thought I should write to the list
and say so in order to conclude this non-event.

Best wishes,

Jules B. Levinson