Mortgage/Loan Assistant - bi-weekly loan payments

dmc6000 davidmcollins at rogers.com
Thu Jan 2 13:47:50 EST 2014

Thanks Al. I suppose modifying the formula will resolve this issue.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Bell network.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          From: alessandro basili [via GnuCash] Sent: Thursday, January 2, 2014 1:20 PM To: dmc6000 Subject: Re: Mortgage/Loan Assistant - bi-weekly loan payments

	Hi David,
On 1/2/2014 2:07 PM, David Carlson wrote:
[]
>>> Principal: 14,405.19
>>> Interest Rate: 4.75%
>>> Start Date: 11/05/13
>>> Duration: 36 mos
>>> All options are unchecked
>>> Amount: pmt( 0.04750 / 12.00 : 36.00 : 14405.19 : 0 : 0 )
>>> Frequency: Weekly - every 2 weeks - days - Friday
>> The pmt formula is wrong, it should be divided by 24 (twice a month) and
>> elevated to 72 (36*2) to correctly calculate the amount. This has also
>> an impact on the interest/principal formulas (respectively ipmt/ppmt).
>>
>> I have the same problem and I haven't figured out a way to fix this. I
>> reported it in this message: "issues with the Mortgage Druid"
[]
> There are 26 Bi-Weekly payments in most years, depending on the day of
> the week.
That is true, my fault in reporting 24 instead, but the issue still
remains. The formula calculated by the druid is not correct since it
takes the rate and divides it by the number of months, while it should
really take the frequency field information.
Al

		http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/Mortgage-Loan-Assistant-bi-weekly-loan-payments-tp4666774p4666800.html

		To unsubscribe from Mortgage/Loan Assistant - bi-weekly loan payments, click here .
		NAML