Script to categorize imported transactions

henning at jacobs1.de henning at jacobs1.de
Fri Jan 3 11:50:00 EST 2014

I tweaked Sandeep's code a bit (e.g. to work with EUR and incomes) and
added a pull request:

https://github.com/hjacobs/gnucash-fiximports

>> 1.  Does it work in Windows?
To work on Windows you need a Python installation first
(http://www.python.org/getit/windows/). Probably someone could also
create a Py2Exe binary of the script (which would contain all
dependencies).
>> 2.  How do I, as a non-programmer, install it?
It's just a command line script. Download it e.g. using
https://github.com/hjacobs/gnucash-fiximports/archive/master.zip.
Afterwards you would run it from cmd.exe in Windows.
>> 3.  How do I use it?  Do I close GnuCash first?  I need some
>> details..
Yes, you need to close the .gnucash file first (GnuCash locks the file
and does not support concurrent/multi-user access to it)

- Henning