Balance sheet does not tally

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Sat Jan 4 00:57:58 EST 2014

The transaction you quote below shouldn't be considered balanced if its
exchange rate is not 1.5.  Prior to 2.6 there was a bug that would
sometimes consider transactions like this to be balanced, but that bug
has been fixed.  When I fixed that bug I discovered that I had a number
of unbalanced transactions that had never been noticed before.

I'm not sure what, if anything, this has to do with the original
question about balance sheets not balancing.  Unfortunately I don't
have much to add to that.  One brute force way to attack this problem
is to run balance sheet reports at various dates in the past to see
when it first fails to balance.  Then look for transactions around that
date to see which one is causing the problem.

          Mike

--On January 4, 2014 6:54:45 AM +0400 Jitendra Kothari