Active Perl: Please Help

prl prl at ozemail.com.au
Mon Jan 6 02:26:41 EST 2014

Hi, Ray.

At some point in the installation of ActivePerl it asks if you want Perl
added to your PATH variable. I can't check the exact wording, because
I'm running OS X, not Windows on my Mac at the moment.

You can check whether it has by starting a command shell (type cmd, then
<ENTER> into the small text box at the bottom of the Start menu (on Win
XP or Win7, not sure how on Win8). Then in the Cmmand window type
echo %PATH%
at the command prompt. Does the printed path include folder names like
C:\Perl\bin or C\Perl\site\bin? Again I can't give you the exact names,
but it should be obvious whether they're there or not.

If they're not, you can either add them yourself, or if you're not sure
exactly what should be in there, uninstall Active Perl (in Control
Panel>Software>Uninstall software) and then re-install it, making sure
that the tick box about adding Perl to your PATH variable is ticked (It
should be by default).

Cheers,
Peter