invoice not paid in listing but paid in customer report

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Jan 7 13:18:49 EST 2014

Hi,

scar <scar at drigon.com> writes:

> hello i am using gnucash 2.4.10 r21973 on ubuntu 12.04.
>
> i have some discrepancies with my invoices for some customers.
>
> when i search for a customer and look at their invoices, there is one
> that is showing not being paid, even though it has.  when i produce a
> customer report it shows the balance due as $0.00.  this only happens
> for a select few customers.  how to fix this discrepancy?  thanks

Look in your A/R account and see if you have any transactions marked
"Automatic Balance Forward"?  Most likely what happened is you hit the
bug where GnuCash gets out-of-sync and loses state about what invoices
are paid and which are not.

The fix it to go through A/R, delete all your payments and these ABF
transactions back to the start of the problem and then Process Payment
in order again.

(I could reference the bug# but I'm too lazy to look it up right now ;)