Reimbursable Expenses as a Volunteer

Barry Rosenberg dovierosenberg at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 19:08:48 EST 2014

> From: Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU>
>
> Just to be clear here, unless you are using the Business functions you
> SHOULD NOT use an account of type A/R and A/P.  Those account types are
> not meant for user input and you are likely to shoot yourself in the
> foot if you choose to use that.

Hi Derek,

I've been using Accounts Receivable for the purpose that Sandeep described
for a while. I'm a consultant with need to track expense reimbursements. I
also use subaccounts of A/R to track various other money due to me (small
bits of cash lent to friends, roommate expenses, etc.)

I'm just curious what can go wrong with this setup. I am not using any of
the Business functions with no plans to start in the immediate future.

-Barry

Barry D. Rosenberg / dovierosenberg at gmail.com