Accuracy issues importing QIF files with split transactions

Daniel Schafer dschafer at bellsouth.net
Wed Jan 8 22:45:55 EST 2014

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or haven't looked at the right FAQ or doc file, but I seem to have a very repeatable issue with the QIF import.  Whenever I import a QIF that has split transactions in it, Gnucash seems to be converting any values that end in .50 to .51.

On many of them, it seems like Gnucash then catches the mismatch between the sum of the splits and the transaction total from the QIF and then adds a $0.01 Imbalance-USD entry to compensate.  I now have several hundred 0.01 or 0.02 adjustments throughout my accounts.  I think this may also mean I have an unknown number of transactions that have errors but did not have an Imbalance entry added to them.  I have verified the QIF file in a text editor, and the values there look correct.  I'm using Gnucash 2.6.0 on Windows 7, and have replicated it on two different systems with both a large QIF file and a very simple one.

Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong somewhere?