remembering & printing payee addresses?

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Thu Jan 9 17:00:33 EST 2014

       I'm migrating to GnuCash under Ubuntu 12.04 LTE from MS Windows
99.  I've successfully imported the .qif file exported from Money and
printed checks on my check forms.

       However, I'd like to have GnuCash remember addresses associated
with payees, and I can't find how to do that.  File > "Print Check"
includes an Address field, which I can complete. However, that
information seems not to be retained.  The next time I want to write a
check to the same payee, I need to enter the address again.  Is there a
way to get around this?

       I'm using GnuCash 2.4.10, which is the default version installed
for Ubuntu 12.04 LTE.  Might it help to upgrade to 2.6.0?

       Thanks,
       Spencer Graves