Brazilian Users and Taxes

Henrique Arake henrique.arake at russomano.adv.br
Thu Jan 9 15:25:55 EST 2014

If I reply here, it'll be posted at the site?

Well, you're right. Brazilian tax system is a mess, but what can we do...

It is also a little more complicated.

The invoice value is the gross value with the taxes subtracted from the
total. At my firm, for instance, we have this situation:

IRPJ: 4.8% from the gross value;
CSLL: 2.88% idem
COFINS: 3% idem
PIS/PASEP: 0,65% idem
Total: 11,33% from the gross value.

So, if I charge R$ 1.000,00 for my services, then I'll end up with R$ 886,70

But, there's more!

If the gross value is less than R$ 667,00, my customer will pay me the full
amount and I'll be responsible for the taxes.
If the gv is over that value, but less than R$ 5.000,00, then, from the
11,33% total, my customer will pay me only a fraction of the total amount,
since he'll be responsible for 1,5% and I for 9,83%.
If the gv is over R$ 5.000,00, my customer will retain 6,83% and I'll pay
5,18%.

but wait, there's even more!

Those values must be considered monthly, so if my first invoice to a client
falls into the first category, I'll pay the full amount. Ok, but if a
second invoice for the same client has a value that, when summed with the
first one, surpasses one of the other two limits R$ 667,00 or R$ 5.000,00,
then for the month and for that client, the other rule will apply and we
have to make the proper compensations.

THERE'S MORE!

If the whole amount sold within the trimester is over R$ 600.000,00, I have
to pay an additional tax that goes like this: ((Gross amount)* 0,32 - R$
60.000,00)*0,1

So, every month, I have to make the appropriate provisions of that value,
just in case.

À disposição.

Atenciosamente,