using PostgreSQL

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Sun Jan 12 10:24:15 EST 2014

On 12 January 2014 14:18, Christian Eichert <gnucash at zp1.net> wrote:
> I am reading here in the Documentation:
>
>    GnuCash by default stores data in an *xml* format. Starting with
>    version 2.4, GnuCash financial data can be stored in a *SQL
>    database* using *SQLite3*, *MySQL* or *PostgreSQL*.
>
> But there is no further word spent about this important features.
>
> Can Someone tell me how to enable the default storage in PostgreSQL format ?

As David said it is best considered as experimental at the moment.
However, if you want to try it then try File > Save As and see if you
have options on the Data Format drop down.  If it is not there then it
may be that the GnuCash program you have was not built with this
option, in which case you must tell us which operating system you are
using in order that we can give more advice.

Colin