Transactions visible in report but not in register

Bill Huffman huffman at alum.mit.edu
Sat Jan 11 20:43:59 EST 2014

I just switched from Gnucash 2.4.10 to Gnucash 2.6.0 and encountered a
surprising change.

A transaction can have a single split with an account but no value.
Such a transaction is visible in an "Account Report" or "Transaction
Report" but not in a Register for the account.  In Gnucash 2.4.10 it was
visible in the Register.

The same thing happens in a "Mutual Fund" account where a transaction
consists of one split where the number of shares is not zero but the
price and debit/credit are zero.

This matters to me because I have quite a number of notes in accounts
which match this pattern -- they've all disappeared from the register.

Anyone know anything about this?  I'm not subscribed to
gnucash-use at gnucash.org.  Do I need to be to see any responses?

      Bill