Borrowing Money (no interest)

Buddha Buck blaisepascal at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 10:20:41 EST 2014

Yes, and yes.

Basically, the 3 main categories of "balance sheet" accounts are arranged
such that the following equation is always true:

Assets = Liabilities + Equity

Liabilities are things you borrowed from others, Equity is what is yours
outright (your net worth). The accounts are set up so that when you owe
someone something, the liability account has a positive balance, when you
have a positive net worth, the equity accounts have a positive balance, etc.