Authentication error trying to change email address

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 19:04:02 EST 2014

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 8:04 AM, David Ryder <dnryder at btinternet.com> wrote:

>    I need to change my email address for the list.
>    When I attempt to login  on the gnucash-user list: member options login
>    page, I get: Error: Authentication failed.
>    As my password is already correctly filled in, it must not be
>    recognising my email address - though I get list messages every day.
>    Advice please?

I know little about how the GnuCash list is set up, but one suggestion --
go to the email message the list sent you on January 1st (the one that
lists your password), and log in by clicking the link in that message and
copy the password from the message and paste it into the mailman password
field.

Following the link will supply the correct email address. Copying and
pasting will make sure the password is the same. It's possible the password
changed since the time your browser "memorized" it.