My Gnucash has changed - making changes

David Ryder dnryder at btinternet.com
Wed Jan 15 05:25:09 EST 2014

   On 15/01/14 10:06, Geert Janssens wrote:

   On Wednesday 15 January 2014 09:59:58 David Ryder wrote:

   > On 15/01/14 09:42, Geert Janssens wrote:

   >> "Regarding the column sizes 2.6 has a new bug [1] which makes it

   >> frequently forget the column sizes for the account hierarchy."

   > Yes - and my column settings in each account are not remembered
   either in any of my cash books.

   Regarding the registers, the column settings are per account in 2.6. In
   2.4 there was only one set of column settings for all registers. If you
   change the column witdths for one account it doesn't remember those the
   next time you open gnucash for that account ? That would be a bug.

   Geert
   "it doesn't remember those the next time you open gnucash for that
   account"
   That is the case.
   I also have a cash book where the scheduled transactions did not enter
   the amounts and it will not allow me to enter them manually. As these
   are (different) business books this is a bit frustrating.
   I can, however, create new transactions as a workaround (but I have not
   tried deleting the 'bad' ones yet).

   David