Gnucash 2.6: problem opening file

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Thu Jan 16 19:17:23 EST 2014

Thanks to the trace file provided in Bug 721687, I was able to quickly track this down to a call to g_win32_locale_filename_from_utf8. Removing that call fixed the problem for me on a US edition of Win7 Home Pro, but I’m concerned about folks with non-English Windows editions, particularly XP. I’d appreciate it if everyone with such installations can test tomorrow morning’s (in the Eastern US time zone) nightly build. It will be at http://code.gnucash.org/builds/win32/trunk/ and will have a filename like gnucash-2.6.0-2014-01-17-git-xxxxxxx+-setup.exe with some hex gibberish instead of the row of ‘x’s.

For those interested, the change is r23700.

Regards,
John Ralls