Gnucash 2.6: problem opening file

Cristian Marchi cri79 at libero.it
Fri Jan 17 08:29:39 EST 2014

Il 17/01/2014 13.11, Geert Janssens ha scritto:

> On Friday 17 January 2014 12:51:00 Cristian Marchi wrote:
>
> > Il 17/01/2014 1.17, John Ralls ha scritto:
>
> > > Thanks to the trace file provided in Bug 721687, I was able to
>
> > > quickly track this down to a call to
>
> > > g_win32_locale_filename_from_utf8. Removing that call fixed the
>
> > > problem for me on a US edition of Win7 Home Pro, but I’m concerned
>
> > > about folks with non-English Windows editions, particularly XP. I’d
>
> > > appreciate it if everyone with such installations can test tomorrow
>
> > > morning’s (in the Eastern US time zone) nightly build. It will be
>
> > > at http://code.gnucash.org/builds/win32/trunk/ and will have a
>
> > > filename like gnucash-2.6.0-2014-01-17-git-xxxxxxx+-setup.exe with
>
> > > some hex gibberish instead of the row of ‘x’s.
>

> > > For those interested, the change is r23700.
>

> > > Regards,
>
> > > John Ralls

> > > -----

> > I've just tested the nightly build under XP with Italian locale and it
>
> > works. Thanks for your work John!
>

> > Regards
>
> > Cristian
>
> Cristian, thanks for your test and feedback.
>
> I'm not sure though that our European languages are "foreign" enough
> to trigger the bug.
>
> To be sure we'd need a tester for languages such as Russian, Chinese,
> or similar. Those that have a different code page on Windows than the
> Western code page.
>
> Geert

I've personally tested that the bug was affecting me [1]. I don't know
if Italian accented characters are only a subcase, but with the official
2.6.0 I was effected by this bug and with the latest nightly build the
problem is solved.

Regards
Cristian

[1]
http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/Gnucash-2-6-problem-opening-file-td4666831.html#a4667009

---
Questa e-mail è priva di virus e malware perché è attiva la protezione avast! Antivirus.